Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: For those with more than a handful of dolls...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member nicolej's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2003
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My dolls are all displayed - all 10 of them in my room in the corner and the two Bitties in the family room up on the mantle.

    For a while I did not keep all my dolls together in an attempt to never put my husband in a postion where he could easily count them and I usually had one of my daughter's dolls "visiting" so when he would ask, "Are ALL these YOURS?!" I could truthfully answer, "Oh no!! Some are just visiting!!" [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All of mine are displayed. About 35 of them are in the Cottage (where I am during the week) and 15 of them are at home, but in each location they are standing up on display.

    I do change their clothing and think, once I move to the new cottage, I will order them by clothing change date so I just go around the room, but that will take some arranging.

    It seems unreasonable to spend money on a doll only to put her away either out of sight or out of reach.

    Taffy

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Nicole J:
    For a while I did not keep all my dolls together in an attempt to never put my husband in a postion where he could easily count them and I usually had one of my daughter's dolls "visiting" so when he would ask, "Are ALL these YOURS?!" I could truthfully answer, "Oh no!! Some are just visiting!!" [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL!! [img]cool.gif[/img] That's how I finally was able to bring PM Samantha (the poor dear with no name YET! [img]redface.gif[/img] ) out of hiding. She'd been in the basement closet for just over 6 months when I finally realized "heck, we have so many dolls, DH won't even notice one more!" That was 3 months ago and I haven't heard a word from him about the "new girl." [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

    We tend to have dolls all over the house. Sometimes they are in our bedrooms. Josefina stays in her adobe room almost all of the time, but she gets visitors so she's not lonely. Kaya is out on the prairie (above Josefina) with her horses and Tatlo. Felicity is usually on the changing table/bookcase/Felicity area with her items. She is patiently waiting for her own doll room. There are usually a couple of LE/AGT/BB/BT in the Today bedroom. The rest could be anywhere from the basement to the attic! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member littledarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess you could say they are all out on display [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] . But I play with all of them, not necessarily all at once but generally they don't stay put for very long because I just can't resist loving them! My historicals, except Lissie, are on display in my closet (I leave the doors open all the time since I have my tv in there) and are the ones I play with the least [img]redface.gif[/img] . Lissie is sitting pretty on her bed, chatting with Charlotte, Laurie and Hippolyta. Chava is in the hall, in the tub I found/ made for them. Marisol is sitting on top of Lissie's bed canopy, not really sure why but she seems to like it there. Zipporah, Penelope, Gabriella and Juliette are in the living room having a blast playing grocery store.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My girls are always out and around. Mostly they are downstairs in either the TV room - just hanging out on the couch or the floor pillows - or in my sewing/computer/doll room, sitting or standing around on the sewing table or the bookshelf (or the ironing board, occasionally [img]wink.gif[/img] ). When they go upstairs, it is to be put in a formal display in the living room or the family room. We're planning the Halloween display now; the girls are going to take over the living room!

    As for bonding with them all, I like what Jan said comparing them to her own children. You always love all of your children, no matter how many more are added to your family. I ended up with seven kids, and I love the last as much as the first and all the ones in between. The same holds true with all of my dolls; the heart is wonderfully elastic and always stretches to make room for more. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 19, 2005 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

  6. #16
    Inactive Member chauster's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 24 dolls (20 AGs and 4 Bitty Babies) and they are all on display in my playroom. I love seeing all of them, I'll just sit and look at them and pull which ever ones out I want to "play" with (ie. changing clothes and doing hair). I have no trouble with bonding to them as they are all my dolls, I actually miss my collection as a whole whenever I travel not just any one doll. Also, I grew up with very little toys hardly ever any new ones. When I was in college money was so tight that having one of these AGs was even out of the question, $84 for a doll!! I couldn't even imagine! I would look at the catalogs very longingly while eating our dinner of ramen noodles or macaroni, and my fiance(then boyfriend) and I would always dream of "some day", he would say "someday you will have everything in the whole catalog if you want! I promise", and he worked very hard and kept his promise and now that we can have all that we used to dream about, you can see why they mean so much to me.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 19, 2005 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Chauster ]</font>

  7. #17
    Inactive Member amandajg's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2004
    Posts
    407
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have mine spread out over two countries, hehe. My pre-Mattel dolls (all but Kit) are all at home with my parents for safekeeping. I keep them on display on the top of my bookshelf in my bedroom. When I'm at school in Canada, I just have Kit (although soon I'll have AGT25 here, too) and she sits on my bed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    When I move next year, I'll probably keep all of my dolls except for, say, two (three at most), at my parents' house. I visit home often so I get to see them a lot, and I just am more comfortable with having them there for safekeeping. Plus, I find I appreciate them more when I go home to visit them instead of seeing them every day!

  8. #18
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We only have a handful (5) of dolls. They are usually displayed on the fireplace on the GOML shelf. Just today when I got home I found Marisol back by DD's room (imagine DD was actually playing with her dolls this weekend.) I quickly brought her back to the family room and her spot. I miss them when she takes them to her room. Maybe if I had more dolls......

  9. #19
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have around 38 right now and they are all out on display in various rooms and a lot are in my sewing room.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member JustMagicMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always feel like my input isn't very useful on threads like this since I am on the way, way upper end of the doll scale. I have about 110 18" dolls, almost equally divided between soft-body types like AG and all-vinyl like Magic Attic. I can't say that I am "bonded" to each and every one of them. Some of them are definitely more special than others but they all get displayed. (The ones who are still in their boxes are the ones who are waiting to be listed on eBay.) It helps that I have a dedicated doll room (and it's 10'x7' dollhouse) to display them in! I like my dolls to be doing something, even if it's just standing on a shelf with a bunch of other dolls wearing similar style clothes, like my "Summer Party" where everyone is wearing the fanciest summer outfit. A few of them are behind glass in a doll cabinet, but just a few and never dolls like American Girl who would be sad if they weren't played with regularly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •